View Single Post
Old September 10, 2012, 09:00 PM   #23
KyJim

Quote:
When we say that the LB is a better gun, what does that really mean in practical, usable terms? More accurate? How much more?
Is it a thousand dollars more accurate, more reliable, more finished?
I realize that much of what people want in a firearm is affective in nature and not readily quantified by numbers...ok, that being said, the difference in cost buys a lot of ammo. The difference in performance is going to be undetectable by all but the most elite shooters. If there really is a difference.
Better parts, better fit, more reliable, better trigger, more accurate. While most may not be able to take full advantage of the better accuracy, the Baer will be more accurate for most people.

shooter's inaccuracy + gun's inaccuracy = total inaccuracy

If the Baer is more accurate than the Springer, the total inaccuracy will be less. Baers are guaranteed accurate to three inches at 50 yards and many will be more accurate (not counting the 1.5 inch accuracy that you can pay for). The Springer? No guarantee, maybe 3-4 inches at 25 yards or 6-8 inches at 50 yards. I totally disagree with the statement that only the most elite shooters can tell the difference. I'm only passable but can tell the difference in my Premier and some of my other 1911s (Springer, Colt).

Difference in price more like $600 to $700. Is it worth it? That's an individual decision.

Page generated in 0.03078 seconds with 8 queries