View Single Post
Old October 24, 2008, 06:36 PM   #8
Tom2

Attach a bayonet, a steel rod, a barbell weight, anything like that to the end of the barrel of a rifle, and it will affect point of impact. Whether it affects group size may be anyones guess. May make it better or worse. Mine came with the front sight drifted just a little in the dovetail. Point of impact was off center on one side a bit, due to the bayonet not being on the barrel, I suppose. Easy enough to drift the front sight over with a brass punch till it impacted where I wanted, center. I expect that if I want to shoot it with the bayo. on it, for some reason, like hunting wild boar to fight off charges, it would not impact the same as with it off. Just the dynamics of a rifle with a long skinny barrel. I have not heard much about headspace problems or at least I have not had an issue with mine. But they were arsenal overhauled and presumably, if they still have the right bolt installed, they theoretically should be good headspace. Some gun that has been used alot or does not have the matching bolt, etc, might have issues. PRESUMABLY....all military arsenals that overhaul military rifles for their own use, strive to put overhauled rifles into ready to use storage with correct headspace among other basic standards...?

Page generated in 0.02629 seconds with 8 queries