View Single Post
Old June 4, 2013, 07:27 PM   #19
dahermit

Guffey, I live in a rural area with 90% of my neighbors being Amish. Next time I talk to my closest neighbor (Amish), I will bring the subject up about the "pucks".

I have seen them used in films so I know what you are referring to. They would keep them on the floor of the buggy until needed.

Surprisingly, I have found that my closest Amish neighbor is quite the hunter and shoots often. I do not think that they (Amish), are supposed to have guns as toys, but he seems to find excuses to have several. I frequently hear him shoot a .17 rim fire at groundhogs, and usually takes two-three deer every year...many with large racks, though he is supposedly hunting strictly for the meat. A couple of years ago, I saw a big-antlered buck from my window, out in my orchard. I went over to his house about two days later to alert him to the fact a large antlered buck was around. When I told him about it, he said to me: "Was it this one?", as he held up the rack I had seen, "or this one?", he held up another big rack.

Last edited by dahermit; June 4, 2013 at 07:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.03618 seconds with 8 queries