View Single Post
Old October 19, 2008, 11:29 PM   #47
FyredUp

Quote:
Katrina Guy: Not everyone lives in a gated community, when I lived downtown in New Orleans , yes I typically always had a .38 J frame smith in my back pocket, big deal, didn't bother me any if it did I would have bought the allow lightweight version. "What a way to live?" Nice place to live actually, just anything can happen at any time in an urban area.
So you don't feel the need to keep an armed piece on your night stand, then don't, why make it sound like the rest of us are a band of Rambos for opting for such protection. Never said you were Rambo's for keeping A gun on the nightstand, it is the multiple guns, with multiple magazines, stashed around the house, carrying in your house that seem extreme to me. Am I saying don't do it? Nope do what you wish. But if your fear level is that high I suggest moving. And this argument, so called, about shooting a robber for stealing your television set, a 25" as I recall, who knows what a BG is up to when he illegally enters your premisis, how are we suppose to know (ahead of time) that he's only after said appliance, huh??? Are you a BG mind reader? Nope, I am not, but if a guy is walking across my living room floor with my tv in his hand I can pretty easily assume he is stealing my tv and little else.
I posted earlier that I'd fire a warning shot if possible Warning shot? Inside your house? Seriously, that is crazy and dangerous beyond words. in the case of wide spread looting such as New Orleans after Katrina as your typical looter is not armed-that would depend some what on what time of day etc etc etc. But that kind of circumstance asside, someone breaks into my residence at night especially, this law abiding citizen isn't going to assume what his intentions are as relates to whether or not he wants to do me in or just swipe a tv set, are we the law abiding citizens to ask the invader what he's up to? How's this work? It doesn't work! In your home is totally different then stealing something out of your garage or something. It's like akin to living in the mountains almost, a grizzly bear breaks into my home and I'm inside my home, I don't think I'd be thinking, "oh I bet he's only after some honey like Winnie the Pooh" knowing full well that a bear in my home could kill me if he wanted/if he was left alone. Frankly this is an idiotic comparison. The thought processes are completely different between a bear and a man. A man may logically decide to disengage. And where it is written in here that we wouldn't if possible hold the BG at bay until LE arrived? What makes you think we'd lay in wait for the possibility to legally shoot someone if we didn't have to? You presume a LOT. I presume nothing. I am not the one advocating shooting someone for just being in your home.
We seem to just have differing philosophy's

Page generated in 0.03473 seconds with 8 queries