View Single Post
Old February 5, 2014, 08:27 PM   #12
kilimanjaro

Aarmel, you ask what is a concealable handgun? You're right, it could be just about all of them. I suppose a stocked Mauser Broomhandle isn't, but the advice above to consult with an attorney is prudent, and something you should do. Get his opinion in writing, and pay him/her for it, just a capital cost of doing business.

I do business with a local FFL in the next town, he operates out of his home, specifically the basement. The city council wanted him to put special security in until he showed them a car couldn't crash through the underground basement. He did put a substantial homemade steel door in at the bottom of the stairwell entrance, that worked and all is well.

Don't be afraid of it, and don't be deterred. Just realize the 'kitchen table' FFL is gone and is not coming back. You will probably need to have secure storage, alarms, insurance, and such things, as well as records requirements. That's just the way it is, and it's not going to change.

My buddy FFL makes a few bucks buying selling guns, and maybe $3000 a year on transfers, just a couple a week. He's gone when he's gone, and open when he's open, folks learn pretty quick he's not a storefront. He attends the local shows and makes a few bucks there.

Page generated in 0.02198 seconds with 8 queries