View Single Post
Old August 20, 2012, 09:27 PM   #1
lawrence090469

EAA Witness 10mm

I have a full size steel, round top slide, wonder finnish 10mm Witness that does not feed reliably. I bought it in May of 2011 and have taken it to the range twice. I have two black follower Mec Gar mags for it. First trip I shot American Eagle FMJ, and it jammed 3-4 times out of 100 rounds. Second trip shooting brass jacket Armscor ammo it jammed at least once a magazine. I recovered a round I cleared from a jam that had a sharp stright score across the nose of the bullet, about 2mm from the edge. I assumed it had struck the base of the feed ramp. I have read much about recoil springs, feed lips, followers, baseplates, mag springs, and I didn't know what to make of it. I locked the slide back and inserted a loaded magazine. I don't see how the bullet could be striking the base of the feed ramp. The magazine sits too high. I did notice by hand cycling the action that the top round in the magazine gets pushed forward about one quarter inch on each cycle. Could this cause the misfeeds? Are stiffer magazine springs the remedy?

Page generated in 0.03287 seconds with 8 queries