View Single Post
Old May 27, 2008, 09:58 PM   #5
MLeake

Thanks for the replies.

I'll check out Ken at firearmz.net and also Brigade Quartermaster, thank you.

For B. Lahey, as far as the offer to help with the annual membership, I appreciate the thought, that is very kind of you. It really won't be necessary, but thank you. The issue isn't one of cost, in this case, but one of general principle. It galls me that somebody uses "We Support Our Troops!" in boldface for their advertising, and then patently fails to do so in actual practice. Honestly, I didn't even ask his range's membership price, as I found his attitude unhelpful and offensive... I wouldn't pay $20 to deal with somebody like that.

The vast majority of businesses I've dealt with in the area step right up to the plate when it comes to supporting members of the armed forces. Some businesses don't advertise it, but trust me when I tell you that it's rare that any of my friends have to pay full price for a meal anywhere in the Marietta/Kennesaw area when in uniform.

As far as the neighbors go, they are also extremely supportive, and quite a few of them are military families. The kid next door is an Army reservist. There are some Air Force bubbas down the block. This section of NW Georgia is a very pro-military area, and a very courteous one at that.

This is why this rangemaster's attitude came as something of a shock, in the same way that the helpful replies here from NW Georgians are not shocking at all.

Cheers,

M

Page generated in 0.03552 seconds with 8 queries