View Single Post
Old July 5, 2013, 07:00 AM   #2
lowercase

Charters, especially the Bulldog .44s, do have somewhat of a cult following. They also have plenty detractors, with some folks flat out calling them junk. It all pretty much depends on what luck you have had with Charter products as to what your opinion will be. I happen to like Charter Arms revolvers.

I have 6 Charters, and have had good luck with mine. I very much like both the vintage and modern versions of their flagship model, the Bulldog .44spl.

As far as particulars of Charters, I can say that they definitely have their own "personality". They are very lightly constructed, compared, say, to the overbuilt look and feel of a Ruger. This has been described as "flimsy feeling" by numerous detractors. I just chalk it up to the nature of the design. Charters are also not as well finished as counterparts like S&W, and never have been. They are constructed to a price point, and are what they are.

I do very much like the way my Charters feel in the hand. Ergonically, they are some of my favorites. I have very small hands and can't speak for everybody, but I like how my Charters fit me. I also like how light they are, because it makes them very easy to carry.

Page generated in 0.02744 seconds with 8 queries