View Single Post
Old February 15, 2009, 07:05 PM   #2
ComradeBurg

It depends on the state whether you need a permit to open carry or conceal carry to start with (some states require a license for either). And yes you are on a list once you get one of these license.

It sounds like you're in an area where you don't need a permit for open carry. Well I'll give you the main advantage for having a concealed carry permit.

If you are in a situation where a criminal pulls a weapon. If he sees you have a gun you'll probably be killed right away. Whereas if it doesn't appear that you have a weapon you have a much better chance of survival.

The other advantage is you don't have to worry about getting kicked out of a place that has a no gun policy and didn't post it (Wal-Mart here is great for that). If you go into one of these places with an openly visible gun you'll probably get the boot, whereas if it's concealed they won't know you have a gun.

A third reason for me (I'm not saying it's an advantage or not, it's just a personal feeling) to carry concealed is nobody around you knows you have a gun. Many people feel uncomfortable around guns and honestly I have no desire to make those people feel uncomfortable when I'm around. If it's concealed it's out of their mind and makes them feel better. Again opinions on this one may vary largely.

Page generated in 0.02057 seconds with 8 queries