View Single Post
Old March 6, 2013, 04:49 PM   #2
BarryLee

Not only do I share your political background, but your opinion on the NRA and their political endorsements. At the end of the day there are supporters of the 2A in both parties and we should not forget that.

However, ask the people of New York and Colorado which party seems to be more opposed to personal freedom and gun rights and the answer is obvious. Also, one of the two main parties had as part of their formal 2012 National Platform support for an AWB and magazine bans. So, no one should be surprised at their actions since they told us before hand what they would do.

While I am concerned when I see the list of speakers at the upcoming NRA Show and wish the list was more diverse in political thought. The reality is we need to support the people who support us while continuing to make efforts to win the others over.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman

Page generated in 0.02177 seconds with 8 queries