View Single Post
Old April 16, 2013, 02:37 AM   #8
bamaranger

rep

The bushnell fixed 10x currently selling in the $200 range has a fair reputation as a good scope for the money. Its not a NIghtForce or a MkIV, but it will do.

It fills a role for those wanting a tactical type high magnification (well sort of high) scope at a decent price. I have one on a .22 heavy barrel that's used as a practice/trainer at 100 yds. It would go well on a .223 or .308 heavy barrel rig that you didn't want to soak a lot on money into as well.

The fixed 10x Bushnell is not parrallex adjustable. Inside 60 yds or so things are a blur and the scope is not useable on small targets at that range. A drawback on a .22 for sure. Mine will come off the .22 someday for that reason. When it does I will likely buy a budget stock for my F-TR rifle and plunk the fixed 10x on the combo for a lighter, more portabel centerfire.

The clicks are solid and defineable, and the target knobs easy to grab and settable to your zero. There is not a zero stop, but that can be jury rigged. Mine has green numerals and hash marks and they are a genuine pain to see in anything but perfect light. There is a world of adjustment to it (90 minutes I think) and that should get a .308 on target to way out there. Combined with a 20MOA base there is not reason you would not have enough adjustment to get to well past 1000 yds.

The Bushnell is a cheap way to get into the world of mil dot ranging , come ups and hold offs, without spending a bunch of cash. So far mine has held up to a lot of clicks on the .22.

Page generated in 0.03144 seconds with 8 queries