View Single Post
Old February 2, 2013, 10:58 AM   #305
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ffr0
News Flash: They govt already has more information on you than you think. You pay taxes. You have drivers licenses. When a car is sold, the new owner registers it. Following some of y'alls logic, maybe they'll come confiscate our cars, or our houses using the info they already have on us.. and if they get our houses I'd imagine they'd get most of our guns too. Heck cars and houses aren't even protected by a constitutional amendment. Watch out for the mad run on those things when people realize that Obama is coming for them!
Are you sure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Founding Fathers
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. U.S. Const., Amend. IV
That's actually beside the point, though. I entirely agree that I don't want violent felons or the mentally ill gaining access to firearms. However, we have no reason to believe that UBCs will do that. What's more, just because the gov't has some information, or even a great deal of information about me, does not necessarily lead to the conclusion that I should volunteer to give it even more.

Page generated in 0.02543 seconds with 8 queries