View Single Post
Old August 14, 2000, 02:17 PM   #1
jdthaddeus

Hello all,

I am looking to make some 9mm loads that shoot similar to my carry ammo, so they need to be a bit hot.

As for powders, I tend to prefer Accurate #5, Titegroup, WST, and maybe Power Pistol. I am open to suggestions, but it would be nice to stick with what I know.

So far, looking at a couple of manuals, it looks like Titegroup might give me pretty good velocities at lower pressures than most. And, AA#5 seems to give good velocity (1200fps listed) but no pressure listing is given.

I was hoping for at least 1200fps for a 124gr bullet. Nothing nuclear, but a bit hot. I would not mind going hotter than that, but that is minimal.

I am wondering first of all what pressure max is for a 9mm, because most loads I find in manuals list around 28,000-32,000cup and I believe that 9mm can go a lot hotter than that.
Power Pistol lists the hottest load I can find which is a 125gr FMJ load at 1235fps and 34k pressure, and if I am not mistaken, that is still below pressure max for a 9mm.

Any help developing this load would be appreciated. I am shooting a G19 and tend to carry for defense 124gr +P such as Gold Dots offered by Proload or Speer, as well as Corbon. As I said, the idea is to develop a load for practice that imitates my carry ammo.

Thanks!

Ps- I will be shooting lead at times from an aftermarket barrel, as well as FMJ for practice, so loads for both are needed.

Page generated in 0.03576 seconds with 8 queries