View Single Post
Old December 31, 2001, 10:02 PM   #9
MeekAndMild

When I was 11 years old I spent a lot of time out squirrel hunting after school. The way home was about a mile down a long dirt road and although I started back in good light it was usually completely dark by the time I got home.

One night I was passing what I thought was an abandoned home place and there in the semi darkness I saw THE DEVIL! He was about three feet tall, had horns, beard and cloven hooves and although not red was reddish enough in the fading light. Needless to say I ran home.

I came back the next week and there was no sign of him at all on the way out to the woods. I didnt' try to look too closely, but hurried on past hwere I'd seen him.

But on the way back, again in semidarkness, there he was again! So I screwed up my courage and walked up, shotgun at about the most non-aggressive stance I could figure out.

It turns out the devil was actually a billy goat tied with a long thin chain, the folks were using him to clean out the old house place so they could build a new house there.
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.

Page generated in 0.02092 seconds with 8 queries