View Single Post
Old March 25, 2005, 03:47 AM   #1
rangerbrown

hello new gun owner i have just few questions

Well first i must say this is a great site.
Here recently i turned 21, and for some time i have always wanted to own a hand gun, i had never shot one till this past week. and it was after testing one out that i had one of my own. I now own a XP9 9MM with 15 round clip black, this seem to be a great gun. I would rather call this a tool, and not a weapon. Now as a first time shooter of a hand gun i a very surprised how well i shot. I tried at deferent ranges 15, 20, 25. Now at first i was way off the first 15 shot i think i hit the target once. after thinking about how i was holding the gun i change quickly to hitting within a 1" range of where i wanted the bullet to go even at 25 yards, but however what more can i do? Many people buy a gun for a reason; i have mine for none other than to go to the range or set up targets at home in he woods. But should the need arise how can i prepare my self for better sighting of moving targets? Another thing that has come to mind is how to store this gun, for now I am storing at the store I received it at, I feel safer with it not in my truck, and not in the house where I rent the room I am in. there are several people in the house and this gun could become misplaced, don’t get me wrong I trust them but if its not there to begin with then you don’t have to worry about it.; I think you see where I am going. Now once I go to a gun safety course I plan to get my concealed weapons permit. Then keep it on me were I can. I work for us-air ways and I park in the airports parking so I am going to have to find out if I can even store is in the truck at work or at least let them know that there is one in the truck. Well other than what i have said are there any classes that you recommend tips for storing, and cleaning would be great. Thanks again Jesse Brown

Page generated in 0.02039 seconds with 8 queries