Thread: Carry at Work
View Single Post
Old October 27, 2013, 03:09 PM   #25
manta49

Quote:
I spoke to the branch manager, who agreed to ask corporate if I could bring in a handgun and keep it in my locker during my shift. The answer came back on Wednesday: No. On Thursday I handed in my resignation, stating why, and Friday was my last day.
I don't understand why someone would leave a job because they couldn't carry a firearm. I would think it was up to the employer if they did not want firearms on their premises. Just as some have the right to carry firearms a employer also has the right not to have people bring firearms on to their property. I could see the need for firearms at work if their job put them under threat of attack. Some people here carry firearms to work here only because the job they do could make them a target. Also it wouldn't be an issue here as there are no requirements to inform an employer if you were carrying a firearm. It would be worth remembering that the drive to work is much more likely to get you killed than the need for a firearm in work before leaving a job because you couldn't carry a firearm.

Last edited by manta49; October 27, 2013 at 03:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.01970 seconds with 8 queries