View Single Post
Old December 14, 2012, 07:54 AM   #68
Hal

Web!!
Good to see you chime back in bud. Always a pleasure to share different points of view w/you.
(seriously - I'm not just yanking your chain here. It's nice to share opposing points with someone that keeps things on a friendly basis)

I'll counter that w/my pride and joy S&W M19. I was at the range one day shooting some reloads I'd put together using Red Dot powder.
It was early on in my reloading/shooting days so I wasn't all that up on some things....such as what can tie up a revolver .

Long story short, after a dozen shots or so, I found it impossible to close the cylinder. The bottom of my gut just fell out thinking somehow my handloads had screwed up my gun.
I packed up and went to pay the bill for the brief range time. The guiy at the counter asked why I'd only spent such a short time and I told him it was because I broke my gun.
He asked to see it, saw the cylinder wouldn't close - the pushed the ejector rod and blew under the star - problem solved.

I can honestly say I've never had anything really stop any of my semi autos with the exception of one - my Kimber Target. And that only because it was due to a crummy Kimber magazine that wouldn't accpet any rounds. It was defective right out of the box. Since Kimber only gave me one magazine, I'd chalk that up to a failure. If I were a newbie and the Kimber was my first or only 1011, that would have been a show stopper.

Page generated in 0.02887 seconds with 8 queries