View Single Post
Old September 3, 2008, 04:21 PM   #10
Daugherty16

Traditions Pursuit - Great rifle

I've had a Pursuit for 3 years now; it'll shoot the wings off a gnat at 100 yards. totally reliable, ignites every time. I shoot whatever 209 primers i can find and always 777 pellets. Seriously, this gun cuts bullseyes right out of the target. I'm not surprised to see it's newer cousin ranked #1 in the recent F&S.

However, blackpowder isn't clean. To spend a fun day at the range, i make up a tupperware full of spit patches (just patches with blackpowder solvent soaking them) and run one through after every 2-3 shots. Keeps everything clean and working well so i can get my hands dirty. In the field, i suggest putting a small balloon, or even a piece of electricians tape, over the end of the barrel. I do it now with all my rifles if i'm in the woods - keeps stuff out, keeps rain and snow out, keeps the powder dry. I've seen one test only - and they concluded that tape on the muzzle either had no effect or on some rifles, improved accuracy. Even if that's not true, it'll always keep water and dirt out.

Can't see why the CVA wouldn't work well, too. Always a good idea to get a nipple pick so you can keep the touchhole clean. Hope that helps.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness... How pathetic." - - Ted Nugent

"Cogito, Ergo Armitum Sum" - (I Think, Therefore I Am Armed)- - anon.

Page generated in 0.02675 seconds with 8 queries