View Single Post
Old February 18, 2009, 09:10 AM   #10
cmant1914

I would think that a typical handgun round would have a hard time busting through however many interior walls, exterior wall (if it's brick, if it's siding, that's a different story), then INTO the other house (again, brick walls) and still have enough force to much damage. I used to shoot my 12 gauge and my 9mm at stuff sitting in our old burn pit growing up (made of regular old cinder blocks), and the 9 would barely blow chunks out of the block. It certainly never went through. And this was from about 15 yards or so. The shotgun wouldn't even really do anything. Now in a home invasion, I guess everything would be a little closer, but still...

As for legal rights, I can't see how a jury/judge in their right mind would get you in trouble for collateral damage when you're defending your life or that of your family's. But what do I know?

Page generated in 0.02125 seconds with 8 queries