View Single Post
Old February 18, 2009, 02:46 AM   #2
Bauer

I am not sure of the legal consequences of an accidental shooting of a neighbor in a self-defense situation so I won't even speculate. I would find it very unlikely that a shot from inside one house would exit said house and enter a neighbors house while still retaining enough velocity to kill someone. Notice I am leaving out apartments. I happen to live in an apartment but in a self-defense situation the last thing I am thinking about is "what if". That is one benefit to a shotgun; however, the shotgun lacks versatility in close quarters combat. I am also a student and buying a shotgun after I own a pistol would be an irresponsible decision at this point because I can barely afford groceries and basic necessities. In the very unlikely scenario you mentioned of a bg firing at you, after you engage him/her first, and hitting an innocent neighbor, I doubt any chargers would come your way. Unless he/she killed me first, I would kill him most likely because he was in my home. At this point it's my word against a dead person who broke into my home.

Page generated in 0.03662 seconds with 8 queries