Thread: H Adkin & Sons
View Single Post
Old November 15, 2013, 07:13 PM   #12
Bill Akins

With my last name being Akins, I've seen through the years how there are many variations on the same basic name. Sometimes it was done over time in the same country by people misspelling it and just keeping the misspelling, and sometimes it was done at Ellis Island when people immigrated to the U.S. My grandfather (Laddie Akins) who was born in 1898 once did a family search and traced his ancestry back to two brothers that jumped off a British ship in America during the revolutionary war. My wife has gone back even further than that doing her ancestory.com thing she is into.

It can be "Akins", "Akens", "Atkins", "Atkens", "Adkins", "Adkens", "Aikins", "Aikens", or any of the above with the "s" left off the end. I wish I had a nickel for every time someone misspelled my name. It couldn't just be simple like "Jones" or something that doesn't easily change or get misspelled. So when you are looking up the name "Akins" or anything that sounds close to it, you can often find many variations on the same name. It is basically an English (British) name though.

Ginnz, sorry I can't help you with any info on your shotgun though. Somewhere along the line all us versions of the "Akins" name are related, but I have no knowledge of the info you need on your shotgun.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; November 15, 2013 at 07:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.02772 seconds with 8 queries