View Single Post
Old February 5, 2012, 01:31 PM   #12
USAFNoDak

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

thanks mack59. That's the quote I was thinking of in my earlier post. I just couldn't remember the owner of the quote. In my earlier post, I didn't mean to claim that a tyrant would completely stop oppressing his subjects as some folks seemed to assume I was saying.

To keep this gun related, there are people out there who believe, to their very core, that if you could make gun ownership by the common citizen illegal in society, gun crime would virtually disappear over night. Some of these people have attained high levels of power within our own government. They see gun control as being "for our own good", when it would likely be to our own detriment as a free people. Those people are like the eye of Mordor, which does not sleep.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams.

Page generated in 0.02314 seconds with 8 queries