View Single Post
Old November 30, 2011, 03:17 PM   #16
RickB

There's so much weirdness on that show.
Unless they made two, the pink 1911 that they built a few episodes back for a customer is hanging on the wall in Rich's office.
The pistol that was made for Mrs. Wyatt, which was supposedly CNC machined from forgings they got from Smith & Wesson, was clearly a Colt. The 7mm Mag that was converted to .458 had to be assembled with a new barrel "today", to be delivered "tomorrow", yet the entire gun had been plated before delivery; how did they get the replacement barrel cut, chambered, and plated in a day? Does it really cost $4000 to rebarrel and restock a rifle?
I saw the "Howard Hughes Luger" on a few websites, and no indication that Gunsmoke was involved in its purchase, auction, etc. It was sort of depressing that even the older guys thought of Howard Hughes as a rich, weird guy with 4" fingernails and kleenex boxes on his feet. It wouldn't surprised me if the kid knew only that about Hughes.
The pitted Garand with the good story but no provenance? Would it be worth even what a rack grade CMP rifle costs ($600)? Rich was offering thousands for it?
I'll keep watching.

Page generated in 0.03493 seconds with 8 queries