View Single Post
Old October 20, 2009, 10:49 AM   #9
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Peetza, the number of doves could be increased if they were huntable because people would have incentive to plant food crops like sunflower and sesame which they like to eat.
Do you think dove hunting would be enough incentive to try to increase the dove population?

What I mean is that it seems like a catch-22 to me. Even if it were legal, there aren't any doves. Without doves there's not much interest in dove hunting. Without much interest there's no incentive to make habitat for more doves. Without more habitat there aren't more doves. Without more doves there's not much interest in dove hunting.....

See what I mean?

The legality issue also seems "catch-22ish". It's illegal to hunt doves. There aren't many doves. Without doves to hunt what is the incentive to make it legal? Being that it's illegal, what's the incentive to make habitat for more doves?....

So, you have to get past the first catch-22 to even get started on the second one. The only way past the legal catch-22 is to get past the population catch-22.... but the only way past the population catch-22 is likely to be getting past the legal catch-22....

It's like a double case of catch-22.... catch-44?

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; October 20, 2009 at 10:56 AM.

Page generated in 0.03398 seconds with 8 queries