View Single Post
Old June 10, 2009, 12:26 AM   #44
MTMilitiaman

Quote:
What does the FAL do that the PTR doesn't? I do not know very much about the FAL.
The FAL has an adjustable short-piston gas system that allows the operator to tune the rifle to the load being used, and allows the operator to adjust the gas system to allow for use when the rifle is exceptionally dirty or environmental conditions are especially rigorous. This allows the user to adjust the rifle to be reliable while using the minimum amount of gas. This is turn puts minimal battering on operating components and allows the rifle to function with the least possible amount of recoil. Many also find the FAL to have vastly superior ergonomics. The FAL is also the most combat proven and widely used of the Big Three MBRs, which I don't think accounts for all that much, but it does say something about the rifle considering that it was known as "The Right Arm of the Free World."

So to answer your question, the FAL provides a durable, reliable battle rifle accurate enough to engage at 600+ yards in a softer recoiling and far more ergonomic package than the G3.

Quote:
Do you understand the difference between gas-operation and roller-delayed blowback?
Yes.

Quote:
Can you explain how both of them work? Which one has more parts to fail? Which one requires more maintenance to function?
Yes, I could. But am I doing so for my own amusement or for your education?

Quote:
Making a detailed post about one of your favorite rifles is not spam.
Ah, but making unsupported claims about a rifle that you assume, I guess, everybody takes for granted to the point where you then feel obligated to challenge others to prove your points, is, if not spamming, then flagrantly trolling.

I've been known to be die-hard in my support of certain rifles, in particular, but I've done my best to support my assertions, at the very least, when prompted, and to admit personal preference on those I can't.

You acclaimed a particular rifle design to the point where people questioned whether you were employed by them. You made claims about this rifle that you then failed to support. No insult was meant by my inquiry, though you apparently took some insult at the notion that someone could question either your beloved rifle or your support of it. So no. I could (and I've been a member of this forum long enough that I probably have, at one point) but I am not going to explain the mechanical difference between these rifles. Rather I am going to ask you once again to either support or retract your original assertions.

Page generated in 0.02210 seconds with 8 queries