View Single Post
Old November 16, 2013, 04:42 AM   #61
JimmyR

While I don't agree with a lot of Wyosmith's logic and rationale, I think one of his major points about supressors rings true to my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyosmith
The PRICE is the #1 reason there are not more sales.
If Fords cost what Rolls Royce’s cost their sales would be down too.

If they would charge what they are worth instead of what .5% of the market can justify and bear,
Supressors attract a small market because of these two reasons, born out by commenters above, and fit largely into one of these two groups (if not both):

1) They simply cannot afford the price of the supressor. As you said, a quality supressor is a $1000 investment, and while there are some people dropping $1000 on a firearm, many of us don't. I personally don't own a firearm that I paid more than $500 on, and I know others in the same boat.

2) They cannot justify the expense. This is the camp I personally find myself in. I have yet to understand why shooting a supressed weapon is worth the $1000 and 9 month investment over shooting with ear muffs. I see people write about it, but I guess I just don't get the hype.

While I don't know the numbers, I would not be surprised if Wyosmith's referring to tsupressor owners as the .5% might be accurate.

Page generated in 0.03472 seconds with 8 queries