View Single Post
Old December 26, 2013, 08:32 PM   #14
BerdanSS

The property where we hunt is VERY seldom walked by humans. Its also quite narrow, I just had the feeling that maybe the gut piles attracted predator animals or wandering dogs. The smoking is something that I'd wager the deer have only smelled when he's hunting there. So defiantly NOT a familiar sent.

Just seems funny to me, I've never even spotted a really good size or mature deer anywhere on the property. See lots of them in the fields along the road on the way out.

Just me being superstitious I guess. I guess I can call my new Rossi a good luck charm though. I bagged my first deer of the year on opening day, after buying the rifle the day before

The deer I got out there this year on opening day of firearms was accompanied by another doe. I passed on shooting that one due to it being about the size of a German Shepard. I got a good head shot on mine. When I turned to get out of my stand, I saw the little one I passed on just staring at me about 25 yards away. Didn't seem to care at all that I was there, or had just fired a .44 magnum. It stood there forever till I heard a bang and it's neck exploded from where my hunting partner had shot it.

Last edited by BerdanSS; December 26, 2013 at 08:46 PM.

Page generated in 0.03359 seconds with 8 queries