View Single Post
Old February 16, 2012, 08:11 PM   #16
ltc444

Frankly if an Officer is performing his duty in a professional and proper manner, there is no need to fear being recorded. The recording will support his actions. If he is not preforming properly, then we need to remove him from the Law Enforcement community.

If the recorder is interfering with the Officer then he/she should be cited for the interference and the recording preserved as evidence for the recorders trial.

When the recording involves methods of a sensitive operation by say an EOD Tech. then the recording should be stopped, Siezed and destroyed by an authorized person other than the officer on site.

When assigned to a Presidential support mission, a Television Photographer recorded my search techniques on 16mm film. When he exited the event, a Secret Service Agent ordered me to search his film cassettes. I exposed every inch of movie fillm which he had. We never had a problem with news people filming us again. I considered that to be a proper exercise at the time as my life and the lives of my team were on the line.

Page generated in 0.02709 seconds with 8 queries