View Single Post
Old April 17, 2006, 07:39 PM   #58
defjon

Hey, that isn't really fair. I take offense to the people on the first page of this thread who lump everyone teaching their girlfriend how to shoot as bad shots.

I drill the center out of the target all day with my 586, and I take my girlfriend to the range sometimes. She's good, but I find it helps to move the target up pretty close. My thinking? Everyone can be a good shot at their own range. I don't expect her to grab my 357 magnum and be able to drill the center all day at 25 yards. I'm slowly introducing her to the sport. She had never shot outside of her Guard training, I'd grown up with a rifle in my hand.

Out to about 4-5 yards, she can manage a two inch group with the Bersa Thunder she likes so well. I feel pretty good about that. Quick learner. Most of all, it keeps it fun when you see that you're hitting the target.

Just remember not every guy with a girl on the range is there show boating or trying to flex their proverbial muscle. We're there because 1. I'd like her to share my appreciation of the sport (She already does, having bought me a gun for the last two birthdays!) and 2. Because being a good shot, even if just in common self defense ranges, is a skill that could very well save her life. It is a good time together AND MONEY BETTER SPENT THEN AT A MOVIE!

Page generated in 0.04448 seconds with 8 queries