View Single Post
Old April 16, 2006, 12:07 PM   #54
Sweatnbullets

From my point of view it is all about the context of the training. Some people get all wrap around the axel about their group. To me a group means that you are either just into target practice (bullseyes) or you are just going to slow. These people are obviously not interested in real world self defense training or have no idea what it is.

My context is self defense. I work on the balance of speed and accuracy. I look to draw and fire as fast as I can go, as long as I keep it within a 9" Thoracic Cavity hit. I also use a lot of threat focused skills (sans sights) including shooting fromt the compressed ready, 1/2 hip, 3/4 hip, zippering. For those that watch my "group" I am sure that they wonder why I suck so bad. I would be more than happy to go FOF with them to find out who's practice is more efficient, effective, and real world.

For those that feel the need to judge others to make themselves feel superior, they need to understand the context of the training. If you do not understand real world self defense skills then you are judging from a position of "you do not know what you do not know."

Which would be a major character flaw.

If someone has a 18" group, while zippering , at three yards, with the first shot breaking at .75, with the remaining shots four shots with a .18 split, while vertically stringing upwards. Would that person suck in your eyes?

Context man, context! You need to understand it to be able to judge it.

Page generated in 0.02398 seconds with 8 queries