Thread: Best SA/DA .40?
View Single Post
Old August 14, 2013, 10:00 PM   #27
bt380

A couple points I have recently read about is giving me room to re-think my needs. August/September 2013 Handguns magazine, page 10 said the FBI has changed their tactical pistol shooting to accommodate the more realistic 3-7 yard scenario that 75% of their agents have been involved with trading shots.
American Handgunner Sept/Oct 2013 by Greg Ellifritz page 52 article about the reality of calibers vs the human body from actual wounds and was most interesting. The chart on 1-shot-stop-%, avg-number-of-shots-to-stop, and %-who-did-not-stop, gives pause to think. Basically the caliber is not as important as the control placement of the shots.
-
There were a few other articles, but suffice it to say, the most important and best pistol is the one that does not fail, one that you can quickly fire after recoil and hit the target on the follow up shots. So rather than buy a big bore weapon, rent them from the gun range and see which model you can control on quick follow up shots. If no gun range has the one you want to try, join a gun club and trade weapons w/ others who naturally like to share. Once you decide on the one you can control, make sure the weight and holster will accommodate your clothing for conceal carry. If this is a home gun, get a 12 guage shotty and make big holes.

Page generated in 0.02315 seconds with 8 queries