View Single Post
Old February 18, 2012, 10:09 PM   #5
m&p45acp10+1

With the 303 brit you may want to find a way to keep the brass for each rifle segregated if neck sizing. If you choose to just full length size each time then you would not have to worry about it.

For using the collet die. It works great. You do not have to clean up the brass. Do measure to make sure it is not too long. (When mine gets to trim to length I FL resize it.) Follow the directions on the dies. Also the doing the 180 degree turn of the brass will help with accuracy. It made a small difference in my .223 Rem that keeps me shooting half MOA on a bad day. The mandrel works to decap also so you will not need to run the universal decapping die.

Procedure with fireformed brass

Measure
Size/decap
Prime
charge
seat bullet
put in container
take to the range
shoot
inspect brass before putting back into container
go home and repeat the process

Oh and if you are like me check the range buckets for any good brass to take home. I love it when mall ninjas leave the Hornady brass for me. I picked up 40 pieces of it last weekend, and I found the boxes in the shopping bag with the recipt. I was surprised at what the factory ammo cost.

Page generated in 0.03350 seconds with 8 queries