View Single Post
Old July 1, 2013, 12:22 PM   #12
Sevens

Yes, folks, cleaning, I agree. I get it. It was never not an option. It's absolutely the best way to make it run again.

I was looking for theories as to why, perhaps, the barrel might be leading up at what (appears to be a rate much, much higher than I have ever experienced across 6-7 rimfire handguns that I've put years and thousands of rounds through.

Before we his the rimfire crisis, bulk Federal Champion was the only fodder either of us used, if we had a choice. Well, except for a 1928 First Series Woodsman that I have and love, it gets the proper spec Standard Velocity ammo as it just barely pre-dates the HV pistols.

As to the rate, my experience would not indicate that 500 rounds is too far to go without scrubbing a bore. I can tell you that I don't scrub the bore of my GSG 1911-22 at 500 rounds. That pistol flat-out shoots, and before the ammo crisis hit, my plan was to attempt to shoot it to failure/destruction before the two-year warranty was up. I got over 4,400 rounds by the end of year one before ammo went scarce. I do lube and clear scuzz out of it, but I typically don't touch the bore until it's well over a thousand. It runs a strict diet of Federal Champion, 36gr plated. The pistol runs far better than perhaps it oughta at it's price point.

Page generated in 0.03604 seconds with 8 queries