View Single Post
Old March 4, 2006, 11:12 AM   #16
281 Quad Cam

Airsoft generally doesn't hurt alot - but it is unpleasant enough getting hit. Especially in the less training oriented games.

It's important to note there is a big difference between 6mm BB's. The toy ones use 8-10 gram BB's. While the more serious varieties use 25 gram BB's. So there is a difference in hurt between the little kid toys and big kid toys.

There is also a large stretch in the power of the guns. From 100-200 FPS for toys, 300 being about normal for game use, and some [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]s modify their guns up to 500+ FPS. There is a big difference between the hits and you start to loathe the jerk-offs who do that. Luckily retribution comes in the form of their gun always breaking.

Sniper bolt action gas or spring guns can be quite powerful, and accurate, as much as 600 FPS at the muzzle, and hit a mansized target at 75 yards. I hate when those jerk-offs shoot people much closer than that, ouch.

See.... I've never been hit by one airsoft round. An automatic spray of the suckers usually rains down creating a hornets nest of a feeling.

I was hit in the face wearing only goggles early on in my experience... From about 10 yards I startled an enemy who turned and sprayed me. Several pegged me in the face, one hit a tooth, and most luckily bounced off my goggles. I wore a full paintball mask every single game after that believe you-me.

I've seen atleast 1 BB inside of someones face, entering their cheek, needing to be popped back out like a pimple, after it was rolled back to where the entrance hole was!!!!

Last edited by 281 Quad Cam; March 4, 2006 at 06:53 PM.

Page generated in 0.03330 seconds with 8 queries