View Single Post
Old April 12, 2005, 12:51 PM   #15
Duxman

Car chases, gun draws, public places. What about massive carnage, civilian collateral damage etc. Opps, I thought I was still watching Ronin, not posting at TFLF's.

Here in the Washington Metro area this kind of road rage happens a lot with the traffic and pace of life.

In fact a similar incident happened to me while driving to Baltimore on the 95 freeway, I passed a guy who didnt like it and he tried to chase me down, even threatening me with a 2 footer stick he had in his car. I just smiled at him, knowing that if it came to a fight, my martial arts experience would win out over his 2 footer stick. I drove maybe slightly faster than normal, and kept my cool. He lost interest after a while.

And when it comes to mobile incidents like this, I follow the standard military protocol for ambushes.

DO NOT stop your vehicle. Keep driving.

Get to a safe zone (whether this is an area that you are familiar with or a police station etc.)

Call for help immediately (Cell phone coverage is the primary choice when picking a cell company. What use is your el-cheapo plan of $12 bucks a month when you can never use it)

Apologize to road rager (either by apology wave, or a smile) might defuse the situation.

Do not escalate the situation, by more aggressive driving, or pulling a weapon - this is probably the single worst thing you can do.

There is a multiple bang theory where if you are in a situation and you fire the first shot, if there are multiple armed folks, they will also in turn fire, either in panic or in response to your fire.

So to alleviate such scenarios, do not be the first to draw your weapon unless you are in immediate danger.

Roads are crazy out there, so be more situationally aware is the best prevention to these incidents.

Page generated in 0.02044 seconds with 8 queries