View Single Post
Old December 13, 2014, 06:51 PM   #20
Lost Sheep

Quote:
I didn't include lee because I really wasn't considering it. I've had two lee's in the past (progressives) and I didn't feel like they were well made.
I started with a RockChucker and moved to a pair of Lee Pro-1000, which were OK, but I didn't like a number of things about them. I decided to get the best money could buy that fit my needs.

Lee Classic Turret is the best 4-station auto-indexing turret in current production, bar none, at any price.

Lee Deluxe Turret is the second-best and uses the same base as the Pro-1000 progressive and includes all the weaknesses that goes with that base.

Lee Reloader aluminum open-front "C" press is less expensive and I have no use for one as you cannot prime on the press, the leverage is marginal for the larger cartridges and its best attribute is that it is inexpensive.

Lee Challenger is also aluminum "O" frame press. Stronger, but it doesn't handle spent primers to my satisfaction, either.

Lee Classic Cast single stage is cast iron, about equal in strength and leverage to the RockChucker and handles spent primers much better. Also can use the Lee Safety Prime, which is more efficient (in my opinion) than the RockChucker priming system.

I hope my thoughts, observations and opinions help.

Lost Sheep

Page generated in 0.02567 seconds with 8 queries