View Single Post
Old May 31, 2005, 04:19 PM   #3
Sturm

Bert, I agree with Primered, but I wouldn't mind see that group with 5 holes either. As long as you have good neck tension for bullet pull and are maintaining a minimum of .010" of freebore, shorter lengths are just a part of tweaking. Keep in mind that the deeper you seat, the higher chamber pressure will be with the same load and of course, you can reduce powder charge accodingly. Some folks reserve 5 round groups for varmint loads and whatever works! You are in this case, shooting a Varmint load, so why not? If you still get that 5/8" group, that indeed will be hard to beat and sometimes even with much more expensive Rifles. Someone stated in another thread that they were getting .3 MOA, but did not specify the number of rounds in the group and I believe they were talking about the .22-250. Even for 3 rounds, that's pretty accurate, but not uncommon for the .22-250. If it were 5 round groups as I assume it was, that was indeed, a fine group. Checking at longer distances than 100 yards, if you can, is always a good idea!

Page generated in 0.06195 seconds with 8 queries