View Single Post
Old September 24, 2012, 07:31 PM   #10
Mr.Guido

Quote:
But "good customer service" does not include posting a "No returns" policy that on the face of it applies to any transaction without exceptions. And then actually allowing exceptions on a case by case basis, depending, I guess, on how the customer service rep or manager is having a nice day.
I agree 100% with this statement.

I don't recall the particular thread that you cited, however I do recall a similar thread in which the poster ordered a kit rifle that had a poor barrel/stock fit and after having checked the return policy online, proceeded to call Cabela's C.S. to verify the policy. It struck me at the time as though he may have have failed to indicate that the gun was not serviceable and instead focused on his dissatisfaction with his purchase. I also seem to recall feeling that he had decided to fix it himself, even before he made the call and was not therefor inclined to pursue the matter further.

The return policy in question could certainly be made more clear, but inevitably the responsibility of knowing the purchasers rights and responsibilities resides with the purchaser. If every purchaser understood the concept of "implied warranty" and the protections that it afforded, the policy would be clear to all purchasers.

My definition of "good customer service" would be that which lives up to the terms of the agreement entered into by both the seller and the purchaser.
In this case: If you buy it, you own it. If it is broken we will fix it, replace it, or refund your money as required by law, however, if you simply tell us you're unhappy, you are probably SOL unless we are having a good day.

PS: I would also be very reluctant to accept that any trained CS rep at a place such as Cabela's would have been instructed to refuse the return of any defective product.

Last edited by Mr.Guido; September 24, 2012 at 07:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.02606 seconds with 8 queries