View Single Post
Old May 22, 2013, 07:25 PM   #44
tyme
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM
Depends on what one defines as "need." A CCW holder does not need a high capacity magazine, but LEOs and military do as they may be involved in a prolonged gun fight. They might not have time to reload.
Without a specific detailed scenario in mind, you can't give a ballpark number of how many rounds you might need.

I don't need X rounds. I need as many rounds as I can get to ensure that I have the best chance of survival in arbitrary self defense scenarios. We don't get to choose if, where, when, and how we'll have to use a gun in self defense.

If I pick a gun that's limited to 6 rounds, or 7+1, so be it. That's a functional trade-off in gun design and round effectiveness. What I think is criminally stupid is artificial limitation on magazine capacity for a gun when its flush-fitting magazines are designed/capable of holding more.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)

Page generated in 0.02350 seconds with 8 queries