View Single Post
Old September 14, 2010, 02:52 PM   #36
snuffy

Quote:
Quote:
There's no way you could chuck a case in a drill press, then run a case against a cutter.
That is exactly what I did in the photos on page 1 just to see if it would work and it did on the 44 mag case shown in the photos. I used a TiN coated HSS end mill shown in the first photo. You don't need carbide to turn .008 off of a brass case but you could use it for sure.
Well the drill presses I have had experience with, you couldn't. Even moderate side pressure would cause significant deviation. I suppose if you ran the table up until close to the chuck you might get away with it. My present $55.00 harbor freight drill press would never work for that, just too crude/loose. But that's not what I bought it to do.

I'm not trying to get in a ******* match either. Just trying to understand methods that might be used. I ran a turret lathe in a factory, and a big rockford machining Hyd. cylinder rods for 6 years before that. All that qualifies me to do some guessing how I'd proceed.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.03152 seconds with 8 queries