View Single Post
Old June 17, 2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Fargazer

New Kramer Ankle Holster for LCR .357

I have just received a new Kramer Ankle Holster for my Ruger LCR .357.

Short version:
WOW! Oozes quality, well worth the cash.
Long version:
I've used a DeSantis Ankle Holder with a support strap for several months. Good holster, but I've had to be very careful how I fit the holster or the edges would dig into my leg. I also wanted something that didn't have a retention strap. After some research, I decided that the Kramer Ankle Holster was the right product.

The website said the holster was only available in Cordovan, so I called Kramer to ask if I could get the holster in black. Luckily, they had the appropriate color shell horsehide in stock, and said it would be no problem. I had stated a willingness to pay extra so I didn't risk "flashing" my holster against my black socks and shoes, but they said it wasn't necessary. My order was placed April 8th, and I received the holster today, June 17th.

The leather is shell horsehide, and exactly as their site describes: tough, hard, with no visible grain. Well finished, double stitched around the pistol and single stitched around the edges of the strap.

The strap pulls through a metal loop and fastens back upon itself; this design is easier to secure firmly, and removes any possibility of Velcro touching your leg.

The padding is sheepskin: extensive, dense, and about 3/4ths of an inch thick. Any "gap" in padding occurs over the shinbone, which is perfect - the sides and back of the leg is where the padding is needed.

Retention is excellent; I can shake the holster upside down hard and the pistol won't fall out.
I'll report back in a week or so to let you all know how the holster feels and wears over time. As of right now though, I can say my money was well spent.

Page generated in 0.02499 seconds with 8 queries