View Single Post
Old July 22, 2012, 07:40 PM   #25
ScottRiqui

UPDATE:

Went to the range this morning. I had loaded up 21 of the 230 gr LRN with a slightly heavier charge (still well under max), and lengthened the OAL from 1.19" to 1.25". No problems at all. That's not definitive proof that I've fixed the feeding problem, since I was only having the problem once or twice per hundred rounds, but it's encouraging. I'll load up a few more boxes with the same specs and see how they do.

The 185 gr LSWC is still giving me fits. I also loaded up 21 rounds of it, with a heavier charge (again, still under max), and an OAL of 1.16" I know that seems short, but if I go much longer (like 1.19"), the first round won't even load from the magazine when I pull back and release the slide.

On four of the 21 rounds, the slide would stop about 1/16" short of going fully back into battery after a shot. The problem bullets didn't appear to be "chewed up" or have any markings on them, and I could always press forward on the slide slightly to get it to go the rest of the way into battery.

Before I increased the powder charge, I was having better results with an OAL of 1.135" than I did with 1.16", so I think I may go back to 1.135" for the next batch, while keeping the powder charge the same. But at this point, I'm just troubleshooting out of curiosity, since I've almost finished the box of 185s and I don't foresee buying any more.

Page generated in 0.02208 seconds with 8 queries