View Single Post
Old October 11, 2009, 06:32 PM   #37
rantingredneck

Quote:
When people in cars get killed by trees it's almost invariably because someone drives a car off the road and into a tree.
Everything I've heard from police and paramedic friends is to "HIT THE ____ DEER!"

Chances are they won't go through the windshield of most vehicles, though it has been known to happen. However, when people swerve to miss the deer they tend to hit trees which don't give or to roll the car, risking much more severe injury.

I've hit a couple myself but by the time of impact I had slowed considerably and no damage was done to my vehicle or me, and only minimal damage to the deer apparently.

Years ago in high school a friend of mine rolled his Mustang avoiding hitting a dog in the road. A few days later he's hobbling around the school on crutches with a cast all the way to one hip. We had a guest speaker in our AP Calculus class who was a Naval nuclear engineer. He asked my friend what happened and listened to the story. At the end of it he looked my friend dead in the eye and said, "Son, every sentient being on this Earth has choices in life. When that dog stepped into the road, he made his........"

I've remembered that to this day .

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)

Page generated in 0.03174 seconds with 8 queries