View Single Post
Old July 12, 2000, 07:54 AM   #1
Clark

The first gun was in 1965. I fell down and got dirt in the barrel of my 12 ga. When I next fired it, the last 6 inches of the barrel peeled like a banana.

The second was 2 months ago. I have more than 10 and less than 100 guns, some of which I will never have time to shoot. So I put a 38 Special in a vice with 357 mag trimmed brass and 357 H110 loads. I got behind something while wearing a motorcycle helemet and pulled the string to the trigger. The gun came flying past my hidding place. When I picked up the gun [followed the string] it was OK but the primer was flattened. I sent pictures to Hodgdon. They said primers are not a good indicator, watch for sticky brass.

To make a long story short: I tried Bullseye, but when I worked up loads from Speer 11 with Blue Dot, I started wrecking guns. I switched to Iver Johnsom 38 S&W break top pistols as I got them for only $40 at gun shows. They were OK with 9mm loads, but with 38 super with Blue Dot, the latch mechanism sretches.

I know another guy who pulls a string too. He uses a video camera. The replay helps find the parts [he does 50 bmg, 20mm and pop can launchers. He builds the guns himself]

Don't try this at home.

[This message has been edited by Clark (edited July 12, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.04007 seconds with 8 queries