View Single Post
Old March 26, 2005, 12:50 PM   #1
1BadF350

Gilberts Indoor Range, Rockville Md. Terrible.

Rockville, Md. Gilberts Indoor Range requires that you shoot their ammo period. Whether it's a rental gun or your own personal firearm. If they don't have or don't carry the ammo for your gun then you're out of luck and can't shoot it.
They claim that it has to do with some BS Motgomery County regulation, what that regulation is, I haven't a clue. I don't remember what ammo they sold for the handguns but it was in a green box. They sell pretty much any brand of rifle ammo but at outrageous prices.
One month membership is $40.00. You get 3 range trips in one month.
Anything after 3 times costs you an extra $10.00 each time.
Guests of a member are supposed to be able to shoot with that member for $8.00 a day, however when I took my girlfriend with me they charges me the one day membership fee for her $29.00. I argued but it was no use. The only reason I paid it was because she had never fired a gun before and was excited to shoot.

I bought my Sig P229 from them. $630 used, no box, no manual.
They sat on the State paperwork for days, so my 7day wait turned into 2 weeks.
They let me fire 50 rounds (at my expense) through it in the range after I paid for it. I picked it up, waited 2 days and went back to shoot. The darn thing jammed after every 2 shots . Being as this was my first handgun and I didn't know what was going on, I asked them for some help. He first tried to blame it on limp wristing but it did it to him after the first 4 shots. Then they brike it down and told me it was extremely dirty. I got real hot and told them that that's how they gave it to me 2 days ago .
I don't go there anymore and I hope no one here ever buy's a firearm from them.

Page generated in 0.03208 seconds with 8 queries