Thread: TiteGroup ??
View Single Post
Old November 22, 2000, 10:00 AM   #2
Marshal

I am experimenting with Titegroup for .45 200 gr. LSWC (from Laser-Cast). I started with 4.4 gr, then went up a tenth until I got to 4.9 gr. They all seemed more accurate than the W231 load I am comparing it with. However, I found that in 50 rounds of 4.9 gr. Titegroup, I had numerous misfeeds and failures to go into battery in my Sig 220. I dropped back to 4.6 and 4.7 gr. Last Sunday I shot 150 or so half and half, and had about 5 misfeeds. However, I stupidly did not keep track of which magazine I was using when I had the misfeeds, so I'm not going to blame the load yet. One of my two magazines has a weaker spring than the other, so the next test will be with just the stronger sprung magazine. I have to say that the accuracy was definitely better than what I was used to, and I'm going to keep trying. It was fairly clean, but no more so than the 231.

I really enjoy the reloading, but I sure need to tighten up my experimentation procedures.

One question: I have been using the Lyman OAL for 200 gr. SWC of 1.235. A couple of acquaintances use 1.260 or thereabouts, and I have seen references to that length on these forums. I've also seen references to deeper settings. Am I seating too deep?

Page generated in 0.02725 seconds with 8 queries