View Single Post
Old July 4, 2009, 05:20 PM   #114
The Terminator

I basically carry 3 calibers, and keep a box of each in the vehicle. I always have some type of large knife, and another in my BUG. I keep an extra magazine for the autos. I have some speed strips for the revolvers. I don't always have an extra mag or speed strips on me. I do keep 2 cans of US Army tear gas, it is mixed with capsicum, and whatever else is on the label. One fits on a key chain, the other I keep on the console of the van.

It is my idea that my handgun is for fighting my way back to my vehicle in a big confrontation, and for self defense when needed. In any type of civil unrest, riots or breakdown, if I can get back to my BUG, I have a better chance. When the Rodney King riots came to Atlanta, I carried my BUG, with food and water in it, into the office and back every day. I also had a shotgun with me, everyone else knew exactly what it was, and nobody ever said a word about it. We don't have riots and looting every day in my area, but it seems that some folks are always looking for a chance to have them. I am on the wrong side of town when driving often enough to keep extra things in the vehicle. I usually feel safe when in the building or other area that I am going to work that day. Like pk says, it is a mixture of convenience, calling the odds, and being happy with what you want to do.
John 3:16 (I hope to see You over there.)

Page generated in 0.03851 seconds with 8 queries