Thread: Air pistol
View Single Post
Old January 20, 2013, 05:58 AM   #21
darkgael

Back

Quote:
Otherwise i really don't know of any other air pistols that would quickly and humanely kill varmints as large as rabbit from distances past 25 yards.
Past 25 yards is a haul for sure.
Years ago....before we had the sophisticated air guns that we have now (think 1976 or so), I was camping out for the summer and hunting rabbits for food. I had an old Crosman .22 pump up pistol - pretty much like their current model 1322 - that I used for rabbits. I would pump it up way past the recommended max - maybe 18-20 pumps. Blew the seals by the end of the summer. In any case, I took eight rabbits with nine shots total. Average distance would have been close to that 25 yards, a couple a bit longer though not much so.
That was using the basic Crosman pellet.....14 grain flat point. I wonder now if there were any other pellets available then....back in the day.
Still have that old pistol. Sent it out a couple of years ago to have it repaired....a reputable fellow. He said that he'd overhauled it, but but it still doesn't pump up and hold air at all.
Alas.

Last edited by darkgael; January 20, 2013 at 06:03 AM.

Page generated in 0.02891 seconds with 8 queries