Thread: Benelli's
View Single Post
Old June 10, 2011, 03:48 PM   #8
BigJimP

Not to my knowledge .....that guy was just trolling on his way thru probably ...( or he hates Benelli's for some reason )...and I doubt you're any older than I am.

Look at the Benelli website ...it'll explain the comfort tech system to you / or pick up a brochure at your local dealer. Its a synthetic material / the chevrons on the sides of the stock ...and they compress as you fire the shell and absorb some of the recoil. The models that have the Comfort Tech gel pad inserts in the comb help as well....especially if you're really going to shoot slugs or "OO" buck out of this weapon...

But then again I'm a "skeet target" slayer ...and sporting clays and occasionally some Trap ....and some upland birds ...and the Benelli Super Sport does all of those things pretty well for me in a semi-auto package. My primary guns are still O/U's but I don't really want to carry an 8 1/2 lb gun around in the woods all day anymore either...

so the Super Sports - for me - have been my - take only 1 gun, when I travel ....and do a little of everything ...

and a shotgun is fine for Defense / and Benelli makes serious "Fighting shotguns too" like the M-4 ...but a "Tactical Fighting shotgun" is different in my mind ...than a gun you can use for "Defense" ...until the cavalry arrives. I don't need a "Fighting Shotgun" .../but then I'm of an age ...where well made 1911's in .45 acp are just a perfect all around weapon for Defense, and I stay competent with it - by shooting weekly / and they're just plain "sexy" vs a shotgun ...but to each his own...

Have fun with your search ...

I will caution you about some of the other brands of Inertia guns ...they seem to have a lot of issues ...like Franchi and Stoeger...( even though Beretta owns Benelli, Franchi and Stoeger and others ) ....they are not all created equally - in my opinion.

I first bought my 12ga Super sport because I fractured a shoulder blade ..and couldn't shoot my O/U's ...and its 7 yrs old or so now ...and probably has 50,000 shells thru it is all ...but its been a real good gun. My 20ga version probably has 15,000 shells thru it ...mostly for the grandkids and new shooters - training.../ neither one of them have been a problem.

Page generated in 0.03181 seconds with 8 queries