View Single Post
Old July 6, 2009, 10:15 PM   #196
MLeake

Only at this point we are talking about you

and not the original guy. Unlike him, you are thinking about this in advance. You DO have the time to research legal ramifications.

Put it another way. By profession, I'm a pilot. Pilots frequently do something called "hangar flying." This is where we sit around with other pilots, and talk about bad situations that we have personally encountered, or we read up on accident reports submitted by or about other pilots. The idea isn't to Monday morning quarterback everybody, the idea is to avoid having to learn everything for the first time when it happens to you.

You'd be amazed at the things you can recall under pressure, when you've drilled them enough times. You'd also be amazed by how many problems in the air are eerily similar to problems others have already encountered. Having discussed fires, engine failures, weather encounters ad nauseam, I have been much better prepared when I've subsequently experienced my own fires, engine failures, and weather encounters. (And yes, I've had several... the joys of military aviation... it's nice to have multiple engines, and a well trained crew)

My point is that you take the time to read the forums, and to get involved in debates. Why not take some time to review your own statutes? It could make a world of difference to you someday.

Page generated in 0.02202 seconds with 8 queries